New Etsy Shop Items

These babies are going to be finding new homes soon. I am finally getting around to showing off some of the necklaces that I am adding to my shop. The only trouble is…I am not yet satisfied with my photographs. You see, I am trying to learn to do it on my own. Using myself as the model and with a tripod and a self timer. And well I am still figuring it all out. Part of my issue, is that I have really high expectations of the brand, starting out.

I already have a dream photosoot in mind, I’d love to find a vintage shop filled with velvet settees, tarnished silver tea sets, and silk scarves strewn all about. And the models lounging, feathers in their hair, drinking tea and wearing kimonos, vintage lingerie, or tattered shorts and flowy tops. The sun filtering in through the windows washing out the images.

I have huge dreams for my shop and it gets rather discouraging sometimes when I can’t seem to find a way to make things happen the way I want them to right away.
I try to coax myself into believing that down the road, my dreams will come true. Because it’s all so very simple, all I have to do is keep updating the shop no matter what and success will come and with it beautiful photo-shoots.

I am definitely open to suggestions here.

If you have any advice, feel the same way, or just like what you see. I’d love to hear what you have to say.

11 Responses to “New Etsy Shop Items”

1. aquariann says:

Product shots are hard – hence why I cheated and digitally layered my pendants over the original artwork. But keep trying and you'll get there! Just a thought, though … it seems that most of the front page treasuries feature jewelry on crisp white backgrounds – have you tried that?

• Hillery says:

That's a really great suggestion. I have tried something similar, but with varying results. I actually found a tutorial today on building a little light box so I think I will try that out and see how that goes. I think if I could get that right then everything would be golden!

2. Rupert says:

I think your stuff is great! I will definitely be making visits to your etsy store when it comes to shopping for gifts

3. Mia says:

Love your work! Really beautiful and delicate.

4. Leslie Threlkeld says:

So lovely and elegant. Just like you!

• Hillery says:

I love you! Also I got your fb message, you are too sweet, I miss you so! I have thought about making some of those! I think they'd be a real hit at craft fairs, plus who doesn't love big floppy hats!

• Leslie Threlkeld says:

Big floppy hats are a must when spending lots of time outdoors! And what fun to spruce them up with feathers and the like. Did you see pictures of Lorin's lovely feather headpiece at her wedding this year? Stunning!

5. Troy says:

Hillery, you're an artist! I have been admiring your work for a while now and I thought I would stop by and tell you just how beautiful it is. Thank you for sharing your art with the world. We need more creative types who embrace their crafts!

• Hillery says:

Troy you are way too kind! Thank you for all of your sweet words. I can't wait till James and I can travel a bit and we can come see you and catch up! Love to you!